Headshot FPS Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A positive community based on developing and honing the skills of our players, with an emphasis on having fun with the members of the community.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Addiction and its issues

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
nanosniper
Admin

Addiction and its issues Empty
PostSubject: Addiction and its issues   Addiction and its issues EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

"Hello all, i thank you to give us the chance to exchange our stories about our video game addiction. Since i`ve read some stories here from others, i`m a little brave to tell my story too how i became addicted to games. I apologize for my limited English btw. I hope you ll read my story with patience cause it will be a little bit long. I`m 27 years old male and i`m living with my parents. I`m addicted to video games since 2 years, everything started after i was quit my job myself in January 2012. On April there was a game coming out, Blacklight Retribution a Free to Play FPS game, suddenly i was sitting for hours and playing that game cause i had enough from my unsuccessful life. After the quit of my job i had more problems that i couldnt manage, i also have quitted my psychotherapy in 2010 after 3 years of treatment. I was diagnosed with social phobia and depression. My chances were really small to get a job that i wanted because i was not qualified nor i had a better education after the obligatory school, so i had to look for unskilled worker jobs, some of my schoolfriends that i knew had a constant job or still went to high school and that made me jealous and frustrated at the same time. I have also quit my apprentice training as a sanitary technician (hope that was correct) back in 2008 because i didnt liked how people behave and giving me orders like i was a loser and i didnt liked the people that i was working with, i saw them always above myself because of my working position and as a human. I didnt had much friends in my life, the ones i had, i broke up the contact cause they have dissapointed me or i thought i have dissapointed them. So gaming was a big passion even if i did also other things like playing football, cooking, watching TV, going out for shopping with my parents. I`m dependent of my parents, my father financialy and my mother does the cooking and cleaning my room. Since the primary school first year i was a fat kid, im still fat. Im a lazy person. Since my gaming addiction, i cant enjoy anything else. I m cooking time by time or cleaning my room myself but then im sinking to the games again. I was successful to quit playing games and going to the internet for 4 days in those 2 years by unplugging my PC and putting it away, but after that i was back for gaming again. Since 1 year i have realized that im an addict but it was too late to getting help cause gaming was only the thing that i was enjoying. Blacklight Retribution was like my beginning drug, soon after i have joined Steam, i have seen a game COD: MW3 which i can remember playing 20 hours in the first 3 days. Now i have 740 hours spent for that game just for the PC version in my addiction time. It was usual that i had 120 hours for 2 weeks spent for gaming overall on Steam sometimes maybe it was a little bit more because of non Steam games. I have over 400 games now on Steam from a huge variety of genres but online im playing FPS mostly. Since a couple months i own also an Xbox360 just for a backup gaming device if my pc will be crash or if i will get some errors on PC. I own 10 COD games from last generation for PC and console, i have all the Modern Warfare series for each system PC and Xbox360. What i ve forgot was, that i own also a PSP so i can play on holidays, now that im talking from holidays, i even play games when we travel in another country. Im visiting often Internet Cafes there to play games or Playstation Cafes. My mother is worrying about my addiction, she is trying me to get out of the house and doing some walk but sometimes its not that easy. I really dont know what to do. The only idea that i have for now is going outside and making a vlog of myself and telling about my problems and uploading on youtube but i dont know if that will be good. Im already making lets plays and talking about video games when im going to the outside filming myself once a week. Thanks for reading my story. For people who are suffering from the addiction, i hope you will get free soon of that addiction, im not alone with that problem and you too."

BlueIM
Retrieved from http://olganon.org/?q=node/45181

Do you see yourself reflected in BlueIM's story? If you do, you may just be addicted.

Here at Headshotfps, we believe in cultivating a positive community, with an emphasis on having fun with the members of the community. However, we frown upon those who spend excessive amounts of time and attention gaming. (Addiction) We do not wish to become the reason lives are ruined. Help us by staying free of addiction, and by telling us if you find that someone you know on this forum seems to be spending too much time playing.

If you are unsure of whether you or your friend is addicted, you can use the following test:

How often do you find that you stay on-line longer than you intended?(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you fear that life without the Internet would be boring, empty, and joyless?*Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you snap, yell, or act annoyed if someone bothers you while you are on-line? *Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you lose sleep due to late-night log-ins? *Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you feel preoccupied with the Internet when off-line, or fantasize about being on-line?*Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you try to cut down the amount of time you spend on-line and fail? *Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do others in your life complain to you about the amount of time you spend on-line?*Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do your grades or school work suffer because of the amount of time you spend on-line?*Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you find yourself anticipating when you will go on-line again? *Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

How often do you become defensive or secretive when anyone asks you what you do on-line?*Required(1 - Rarely, 2 - Occasionally, 3 - Frequently, 4 - Often, 5 - Always)
1 2 3 4 5

Add up your score. If you scored between 10-24, you are an average user. If you scored between 25-34, you have a few problems with FPS gaming, but they should be manageable. If you score above 35, you are considered addicted and should seek help. You can PM admins like me, chocofats, deeramandaa, jcy1621 and luohan if you require help or information.

Singaporean players can utilise the following support facilities.
1. WE CARE Centre
For individuals and families who need help with addictions
Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 9.00pm Sat: 10.00am – 8.00pm
Tel: 6471 5346

2. eCounselling Centre (eC2) (Fei Yue Project 180)
An online facility offering free counselling to youths.
Mon to Fri: 9.30am - 6.00pm
Tel: 6787 1125

3. Metoyou Cyber Counselling (Marine Parade Family Service Centre)
metoyou is a real-time counselling chatroom for the youth.
Mon to Fri: 2.00pm - 6.00pm
Tel: 6445 0100

4. Care Corner Counselling Centre
For the Mandarin-speaking community with family, marital or personal problems
Daily: 10.00am – 10.00pm
Tel: 1800-353 5800

5. Counselling and Care Centre
For those who are facing emotional, psychological, relationship and marital problems
Mon to Fri: 9.00am – 4.00pm
Tel: 6536 6366

6. WINGS Counselling Centre
For individuals of all ages with socio-emotional, personal or family related problems.
Mon to Fri: 8.30am – 5.30pm
Tel: 6383 5745

7. TOUCH Cyberwellness
Tel: 6273 5568
Email address: cyberwellness@touch.org.sg

Last edited by luohan on Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to make changes to addiction test)
Back to top Go down
https://headshotfps.board-directory.net
valiantarms

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and its issues   Addiction and its issues EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:13 am

I just wanted to say that I completely agree with the admins stand on this. I've seen addiction ruin lives, and I feel that games like CS:GO should be played without affecting lives, as a source of fun. I support anyone who wants to go for treatment. If you need a little talk about it, feel free to PM me Smile
Back to top Go down
eliteshot

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and its issues   Addiction and its issues EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 11:24 am

valiantarms wrote:
I just wanted to say that I completely agree with the admins stand on this. I've seen addiction ruin lives, and I feel that games like CS:GO should be played without affecting lives, as a source of fun. I support anyone who wants to go for treatment. If you need a little talk about it, feel free to PM me Smile

Amen dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and its issues   Addiction and its issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Addiction and its issues
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Headshot FPS Gaming :: Help-
Jump to: